The thing about Cards (Being Credit card, debit card or prepaid card), there seem to be a trend of introduction usable physical card. Just to name a few, Razer Card, Big Pay Card, Wise Card, GrabPay Card, Singlife card and an upcoming card Hugo Card. There is just too many of these around isn’t it. I’ll say it isn’t a bad thing, It is indeed a little troublesome but as long as you manage it properly, it will assist you in your little own personal finance journey.
You Trip Card
Today, I shall discuss more about the YouTrip card. It used to be a wonder travel card before the pandemic hit. Basically, you get superb FX rates when you use the YouTrip card to make a purchase in a foreign currency. Pretty decent I say. Yes, it is another card and you need to preload the amount in SGD (If you dont have any other currency). The max limit I believe will be the same, which is S$5000 at any point in time and an annual limit at S$30,000.
Within their app, you can store any of the following 10 currencies:
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Euro (EUR)
- Great British Pound (GBP)
- Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- Swedish Krona (SEK)
- Swiss Franc (CHF)
- United States Dollar (USD)
- It has a great Forex Exchange rate if you need to purchase an item in another currency
- They don’t charge you any other fee except for the amount they need to pay Mastercard as a service provide.
- It works just like any other card that you use. Even has a pay wave function.
- You can most likely use a credit card or debit card to top up the You Trip Card. Pre-Paid cards are most likely not accepted.
- You can’t add it to your mobile wallet.
- It is a Debit Card (Meaning you need to preload the amount in there and it is capped at S$5000) at any point in time.
- You also cannot take that money out once you have put it in so think wisely.
- Other than good Forex rates, there are no perks, rewards or cashback so it really depends on what you are looking out for.
If you decide to sign up on the You Trip Card, do remember to use my referral code: You Trip Card Referral Link, You will get S$5 once you made your first top up to the card and I will receive the same too.
If you like what I am sharing or if it resonates with you, do use my referral codes for other services at https://lifejourney.blog/contact/
These pictures were taken off You Trip website for reference